I happen to be one of the people who love online shopping and since Kilimall and Jumia stared in Kenya, I can tell you for sure that I have never had to shop for most of my items in some of the stores in Kenya. What is the point in taking my time to go to some of the stalls to buy items when I can comfortably do that while I am in front of my computer. Being both a writer and a faithful online shopper, I can tell you that I have been one of the people that has benefited from Black Friday in the past few years that we have come to know about black Friday as a country.
Throughout the past few years that I have been involved in black Friday deals, I can tell you some of the mistakes that I have committed and some of the things that have made me make a kill. It has been an experience of both errors and success but it has been getting better by the day. Let me take you through some of the things that you should look out for this season, things that you should do and things that you should not even think of doing.
What you need to do if you have just known about black Friday 2016
It is not a surprise to know that most Kenyans are actually getting to know about black Friday in 2016. There are so many factors that may have contributed to that, we well know that Kenya has been in the online shopping business in the last few years. that is not all, a few years ago, smartphones were not an affair of every individual. These two factors limited people from knowing much about what Black Friday is all about. Not anymore, with Jumia and Kilimall revolutionizing how business is done in terms of buying items at the comfort of our seats, Black Friday is now widely known by most people.
- For the few people who have never been part of the offers that are given out on Black Friday, the most important thing to know is that there are two online stores that will give you the best out of this day. It is only Kilimall and Jumia that can give the experience of what Black Friday is in 2016. Glue your eyes on these two and you will be good to go.
- It is almost difficult to point out which store will be giving out the best discounts on Black Friday this year. You should therefore watch out on the ads that will be placed on social media a few days before the big day. I can guarantee you that neither Kilimall nor Jumia will give you the exact details on what you should expect on that date, but both will be giving some hints on what is expected on that day. The thing that first timers ought to do is to take some time and go through the ads that will be available and from that, it will be very easy to determine which store will be having the best deals.
- The other thing you ought to know if 2016 Black Friday will be your first experience is that this is the only day when online stores offer the best deals to customers. The prices are super low and it is not a surprise to get an item going for half the normal price. You will actually be surprised that this is the only day that you can get such offers in a whole year. You also need to know that Jumia will be trying to outdo Kilimall and vice versa. This will make the customer the ultimate winner on Black Friday.
What you need to get ready for Black Friday
- One of the things that that you need to be fully packed with is some good amount of money. Since there will be a lot of items on that day, you will need a lot of money to get something from every from every category. In case we get to Black Friday and you don’t have a lot of money, you may end up feeling sorry for yourself or disturb people so that you can get the money to buy items that will be on offer.
- you will need fast internet connectivity, this is because shopping for an item on such a big day is only a click away. People with slow internet connectivity may not get any single deal on that day. There will be too much traffic on that day as thousands of customers will be trying to make orders so as to buy things at a low price. The faster you make the click the better for you, that is how things will be going down on Black Friday.
- To make things easier for you on that day, you can as well have a list of the things that you may want to buy. The good thing is that getting the list is easy as you only have to window shop the things that are on both Jumia and Kilimall to see what you want. This will save you some time on Black Friday as you will not have to go through all the categories searching for the items that interest you. The good news is that you will be able to buy more than a single unit of the things that you love.
- There is no satisfying feeling like having your friends enjoy exactly what you have. Everyone has friends that are always not aware of what is going on at a certain time. For the last three years, I have made it a habit of dragging my friends along so that they can also enjoy benefits that Black Friday has to offer. It is always amazing when all your friends are on the same boat and they are all enjoying the best of Black Friday. After all, there is so much stuff that is ideally enough for people who will be fast enough on that day.
Black Friday 2016 is almost around the corner, get ready because Jumia and Kilimall will be ready to give customers the best out of the deals that will be available. You don’t have to be a pro, you only need to be smart if you want Black Friday to benefit you. Black Friday will be the ideal day to buy gifts for friends and family as Christmas will also be around the corner. As a matter of fact, you ought to take advantage of the offers that will be on both Jumia and Kilimall. The prices of most items tend to shoot higher as we near the Christmas season.
The next time you expect to get the kind of deals that will be going down on Black Friday is only early next year because most people will want to clear the old stock. Even the deals will not be as affordable as what you get on Black Friday. I know you are now prepared for Black Friday just like I am, let’s spread the word out so as to make 2016 Black Friday better than what we have ever had in Kenya.